Since 2017, Kasper Hvidt has held a key role in the sporting set-up in Astralis. Under Hvidt's leadership, Astralis has not only had the best Counter-Strike team of all time but has also had a fundamental influence in the way professional esports is practiced in Denmark and elsewhere.
After a period of fluctuating results, which has not lived up to Astralis' always high level of ambition, it is time for a change, and the collaboration with both Kasper Hvidt and chief analyst Nikolaj "HUNDEN" Petersen has today been brought to end.
Anders Hørsholt, CEO of Astralis A/S:
- In Astralis, we must always have ambitions to be the best. Players, fans and partners must go into every tournament with the feeling that we can win, but this has not been the case for too long and today we take the consequence.
- It is never easy to say goodbye to a very skilled and competent colleague, but the time has come for us to try something new.
- Kasper is almost an institution, not just in Astralis but in professional esports. His ideas about the approach to a professional performance culture have definitely had an impact on the teams' historical performance and results, and today, many of the methods are almost industry standards. Together with the players and staff, Kasper will always be remembered as one of those who helped create the first Astralis era, and we owe him the greatest thanks for his efforts. I hope that this is recognized by all, says Hørsholt.
- First of all, I am proud my time with Astralis and would not do without it. There are so many good and talented people in that organization who have been part of both the ups and downs, and I have loved working with the teams and my colleagues.
- I am immensely proud of the more than 35 titles we have won across teams and the results we have achieved. If anything, I am sad that the initiatives and changes we've made over the recent period have not had the results we hoped for. It has been a difficult time after we had to put in a new team, but we have still managed to move forward as an organisation, also around the teams.
- I would like to thank all those who have helped make the Astralis journey unforgettable. It's rare to be part of something that affects an entire culture and generation like we've managed to do, and I'm looking forward to seeing what the future holds.
In addition to Kasper Hvidt, the contract with Head Analyst Nicolai "HUNDEN" Petersen has also been terminated as of today.
Anders Hørsholt comments:
- I would also like to thank Nicolai for his time here. It was not as long as we had hoped, but in continuation of our work going forward, we need another profile to support the Head Coach. We wish Nicolai all the best, notes Hørsholt.
Replacements will be announced as soon as the roles are in place.