In a strategic move to become an even larger part of the gaming entertainment industry, Astralis has acquired the majority stake in PIXEL.TV, a Danish production house and broadcaster.
In Denmark, PIXEL.TV has built a strong position in the entertainment segment of gaming, gadgets, gear, and movies and the management will continue unchanged with Founder and CEO Thomas Bense.
Anders Hørsholt, CEO of Astralis:
- PIXEL.TV was the first Danish internet-based TV platform and over the past decade CEO Thomas Bense has built a strong position in the Danish gaming and entertainment community. The acquisition is a strategic move that will support the Astralis brand and activities, significantly strengthening our digital production, presence, and reach, to further engage a fast-growing audience.
Jakob Lund Kristensen, Founder and CRO of Astralis:
- With the opening of Astralis Nexus, we have established a platform where we interact with Astralis fans and the huge audience for casual gaming. Just as the Astralis Nexus is for everyone, whether you are a hardcore Counter-Strike player or just having fun with Candy Crush, with a broad range of content, Pixel.tv will be a broad, inclusive media platform embracing all types of gamers.
- Gaming has become the most culturally defining leisure activity among young people. Pixel.tv is in a unique situation as one of the market's first serious players, yet with a massive potential for growth. With the strong operational and commercial Astralis engine, we will be able to realize that potential, enabling Pixel.tv to produce and deliver much more relevant content, to a much larger audience.
- Our ambition is to make Pixel.tv the largest gaming platform in Denmark, while also growing an international audience. It will be the source of engaging entertainment across all channels, also providing a space to grow for some of the many talented creators in Denmark.
Thomas Bense, Founder and director of Pixel.tv:
- I am really looking forward to working with the Astralis organization. Their visions and willingness to invest in the future combined with our know-how and position will give us a unique opportunity to develop Pixel.tv and to fully exploit its growing potential. There is plenty of room to grow in the Danish market, and the way Astralis invest to position themselves internationally opens a lot of possibilities for Pixel.tv abroad.
- We have a solid starting point in the gaming world, where we will become even more significant, and by including a lot more esports relevant content, we will fill a significant demand for entertaining, engaging, fun and serious esports content around tournaments, players, teams, and events.