Astralis Extends With In-Game Leader gla1ve
He has been called "the world’s greatest in-game leader” on multiple occasions and today the Astralis mastermind signs a three-year extension of his contract.
Lukas ‘gla1ve’ Rossander and Astralis have agreed to the extension that lasts until the Summer of 2024.
Lukas ‘gla1ve’ Rossander, IGL, Astralis:
- I have achieved a great deal with Astralis and obviously I had a lot to consider before I started the contract negotiations. Was it about time I tried something new or do I see myself in Astralis for years to come?
I am Astralis by heart and no matter how I look at it I feel home here. It’s an organization that always strives to develop the game and the players, gla1ve
- I am Astralis by heart and no matter how I look at it I feel home here. It’s an organization that always strives to develop the game and the players – and it’s ingrained in everyone that we compete to win the biggest titles.
- To me it’s all about being somewhere where I can see myself progress as a player while surrounded by people with great ambitions and professional colleagues. I’ve had a lot of talks with Kasper Hvidt about the future and development of myself and the team and I’m sure we’re going to leave marks on professional Counter-Strike for many years.
- At the same time I’m expecting a child with girlfriend this Fall and when I look around there are just no other place I would feel like I could get the same safety and flexibility when it comes to that.
- It means a lot to me and I’m excited for the coming three years where we will be lifting a lot more trophies.
Kasper Hvidt, Director of Sport, Astralis:
- When we look at our Counter-Strike team in a historic perspective, Lukas has always been instrumental for the way we develop the game and his thorough approach to preparing has been one of the key elements to the team's success.
Lukas thinks about and approaches Counter-Strike on a completely different level and we will see a lot more of that soon - Kasper Hvidt
- He is without a doubt the best at what he does and during our contract negotiations it really hit me how hungry he still is to compete. We have come far with the team but in regards to how we work both in- and outside the server, we still have a lot to improve on. But Lukas thinks about and approaches Counter-Strike on a completely different level and we will see a lot more of that soon.
- With the contract signed, Lukas can focus on his role as In-Game Leader, rest easy about his coming fatherhood and think about the long-term development of the strategy and the team’s playbook. It is a great day indeed.
Lukas ‘gla1ve’ Rossander’s contract with Astralis lasts until Summer, 2024. The Counter-Strike team returns to a new season in the beginning of August.