With a global business and top teams in Counter-Strike, League of Legends, and FIFA, Astralis has established itself as a leading brand in international esports. Today the organization announced its expansion of activities into North America by launching Astralis US Inc.
Today, Astralis will take over Disrupt Gaming's assets, key staff, and facilities around the Rainbow Six team, competing under the Astralis brand in Ubisoft's North American Rainbow Six League.
Astralis activities in North America will be run by newly established Astralis US Inc. in Las Vegas.
Jakob Lund Kristensen, founder and CRO at Astralis:
- Expanding our team activities and organization into North America and entering Ubisoft's Rainbow Six NA League is big news for us. We intend to bring something new and exciting to all the fans of Rainbow Six while also giving the vast number of existing Astralis fans all over the world a new team in a game and a league that provides entertainment and competition on a very high level.
- Astralis is all about embracing the positives of gaming. It's about entertaining and engaging a global, growing audience based on a philosophy of positive professionalism on and off the server. We always aim to progress, whether on our digital channels, in our gaming centers, as individuals, teams, and as an organization. By entering the North American market and a scene like Rainbow Six, we will provide the fans with even more of all we offer as a global frontrunner in esports.
We always look for new opportunities and ways to solidify and expand the brand and business, and commercially it is absolutely positive news - Jakob Lund Kristensen
- We always look for new opportunities and ways to solidify and expand the brand and business, and commercially it is absolutely positive news. We have been looking to establish ourselves in the North American market for a while. After following the Rainbow Six leagues in North America and globally, we are convinced this is a game and a league that will positively contribute to our gaming and commercial activities.
- The Astralis brand is already well known by esports fans in North America, which is one of our top markets measured by the number of fans and followers. By acquiring Disrupt Gaming's assets and activities around Rainbow Six and establishing Astralis US Inc., we seek to significantly expand our presence in the US and North American markets. Lund Kristensen says.
Mark Flood, Founder and CEO of Disrupt Gaming, now Director of US Operations, Astralis US Inc:
- Since 2018, Disrupt Gaming has been a mainstay in Rainbow Six Esports, and we have housed some of North America's most popular players and creators.
- Taking our efficiency and combining it with a global elite brand like Astralis is going to be incredible for Astralis' fans, commercial partners, and shareholders. At the same time, adding a brand name and organization like Astralis into the North American League is a fantastic addition that will help Ubisoft push the league to new heights.
Adding a brand name and organization like Astralis into the North American League is a fantastic addition - Mark Flood
- The Astralis fans can expect a lot of great action and content across the digital platforms. Newcomers and veterans of Rainbow Six alike will enjoy our educational content, and esports fans will be delivered an almost never-ending flow of player-centric content. In a competitive sense, on a limited budget, we've been able to hold our own.
- However, Astralis is a performance brand, and we are very much looking forward to taking full advantage of the experience in the organization and implementing the Astralis Performance model. Our team is loaded with talent, and the expectation is to continue Astralis' championship tradition, says Mark Flood.
Astralis US Inc. will operate Astralis R6 and related activities.
Astralis Rainbow Six will compete in Ubisoft's North American League.
Digital homes of Astralis Rainbow Six:
Astralis League of Legends
Astralis Rainbow 6
Astralis Talent (Counter-Strike and League of Legends)
Team details: astralis.gg/teams
Astralis is a global esports front runner with winning teams in League of Legends, Counter-Strike, FIFA, and Rainbow Six. We hold rights in the premium leagues for League of Legends (LEC) and Counter-Strike (Pro League and BLAST). Astralis is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen (ASTRLS) and is traded on OTCQX New York (ASGRF).