On Thursday afternoon, registration opens for a new, large, Danish Counter-Strike tournament, where 128 teams are fighting to qualify for the final matches in Denmark's new, large center for gaming and entertainment, Astralis Nexus in Copenhagen.
In addition to playing for a share of the prizes worth DKK 50,000, the teams are fighting to be part of the big final in Astralis Nexus, where there will be a viewing party, entertainment, competitions, meet & greets with streamers, and extra good prices all day.
Jakob Lund Kristensen, co-founder of Astralis:
- When we decided to invest in Astralis Nexus, one of the main ideas was to give back to the Danish gaming scene. There have been many enthusiasts before Astralis, all of whom have helped give us a solid starting point, and since the first day, we have experienced massive support from virtually all sides. We want to show that we really appreciate it!
We see Astralis Nexus as a natural, physical gathering place where people can cultivate their passion for gaming - Jakob Lund Kristensen
- We see Astralis Nexus as a natural, physical gathering place where people can cultivate their passion for gaming no matter who they are and at what level they are - also for those who just want to come in and feel the Astralis atmosphere. "Road to Nexus" is our first big tournament, and we start with Counter-Strike, which is where we began in many ways.
- This is the first of a series of tournaments, and we are incredibly pleased with the support we have already received from both Capgemini and Logitech G. MyEsportsCard and Esportal have also contributed, and we are experiencing a huge desire to contribute to and participate in the tournament, says Jakob Lund Kristensen, who is looking forward to both the tournament and the final day:
- Over the years, we have noticed how much it means when fans gather for events and tournaments. With Nexus, we have created a framework that can do the same. It happens in everyday life, where many people come by who want to game, shop, or just see the trophies.
- With Road to Nexus, we will definitely experience even more of the energy that makes esports something very special, and all parties involved are eager for the launch. I'm really looking forward to kicking it all off, says Astralis' co-founder.
The final matches, which can be watched live on Astralis Nexus, will be streamed on Astralis Nexus' youtube channel, Twitch, and Dust2.dk. Registration starts today, Thursday, October 7, and the first qualifying round will occur on October 16. The final day of the Astralis Nexus will be held on Saturday, November 13.
Online Qualifying Tournament:
- 4 qualification groups run over 4 Saturdays (October 16, 23 and 30, and November 6)
- 32 teams in each qualifying tournament
- Single elimination (Best of 1)
Final day in Astralis Nexus
- November 13 from 2 p.m.
- The 4 winners from the qualifying pools from their respective VIP rooms in the Astralis Nexus
- Semifinals and grand final (both BO3)