- Tournament: ESL Pro League Season 18 (LAN)
- Format: Group Stages with Double Elimination Bracket (Best of three matches)
- blameF topping the charts: 32 Open Kills, 80% Opening Duel Success and 0.16 Opening Kills Per Round
- Rewatch all the highlights from the Group Stage on ASTRALIS WATCH
Echoing their success at IEM Cologne, the main team secured a playoff spot in another major LAN tournament. Despite a first-round setback against Ninjas in Pyjamas at the ESL Pro League Season 18, blameF and his teammates bounced back with three straight 2-0 wins, cementing their playoff position.
BlameF stood out, nabbing top ratings and dominating key leaderboards in Group A.
blameF: I put in a lot of grind daily with 1,000 kills in Deathmatch
- The fact that we managed to qualify for the playoffs of a significant LAN tournament as a team once again is fantastic.
- Usually, I don't measure my worth by my individual performance. First and foremost, I assess the performance of my teammates and myself based on how we perform as a team. And this will always be my approach as captain and in-game leader, BlameF says.
- I am proud of that, which means the most to me, although I am also happy that I played well. Yes, I had a good tournament. But I also feel that I put in a lot of grind daily with 1,000 kills in Deathmatch. Some days, it might have been only 700-800 kills. But overall, I invested a lot of effort in individual training both leading up to and during the group stage in Malta
- We lost the opening match against NiP, but from there on, it went exceptionally well. In retrospect, our path to the playoffs might have seemed quite convincing and perhaps looked great on the scoreboards because they were somewhat "easier" matches compared to if we had only faced the very best of the best.
- After the match against FURIA, however, I was pleased with our 2-0 victory, where we, among other things, won on the map NUKE, which we have struggled with a bit in the past, the in-game leader adds.
- Results in Group A: vs NIP: 0-2 (10-16, Ancient, 11-16, Inferno), vs ORKS: 2-0 (16-5, Nuke, 16-6, Overpass), vs GamerLegion: 2-0 (16-12, Vertigo, 16-8, Inferno), vs FURIA: 2-0 (16-7, Overpass, 16-13, Nuke)
- The playoff stage of the ESL Pro League Season 18 will take place from the 26th of September to the 1st of October.
- A live audience will be present from the 29th of September, should the Danish quintet make it that far.