- Date: September 26th, 2023
- Tournament: ESL Pro League Season 18 (LAN)
- Format: Playoff Stage - Single Elimination Bracket (Bo3)
- Opponent: Eternal Fire (Ranked #44 in ESL's World Ranking)
- Match: Round of 16 (3rd Place Winner 2 vs. Last Chance 2)
- Schedule: The best-of-three match is set to start at 15:30 CEST
blameF and the main team will begin the playoff stage of ESL Pro League Season 18 by facing the Turkish squad, Eternal Fire.
The match is set for 15:30 CEST on September 26th in Malta.
Catch all the action LIVE on Astralis Watch and join the community chat to engage with other Astralis fans.
Before the Round of 16 duel, Mathias "R0nic" Pinholt, the main team's 22-year-old assistant coach, provided tactical insights for fans who love game details.
Optimistic R0nic: We've Enhanced Our Gameplay Across All Maps
R0nic is optimistic about the match, drawing confidence from the recent boot camp at Astralis headquarters:
- We've put in significant effort in practice, with disciplined discussions on the game's tactical intricacies. As head coach Castle mentioned, we've enhanced our gameplay across all maps, strengthening our map pool.
When asked about the key to winning in the Round of 16, R0nic said:
- We must adhere to our strategies and start strong, especially against a team as tough as Eternal Fire. While solidifying our structure in match preparation helps our focus, we generally prepare consistently regardless of the opponent.
Asked if there's a particular player on the opposing team to watch, R0nic mentioned:
- XANTARES stands out. He's had an outstanding year online and boasts a 1.21 rating for this tournament. He might be the most challenging player we face, but every member of the Turkish team plays at a top level and could clinch a win based on individual performance.
The main team is ready to compete in the prestigious ESL Pro League Season 18 LAN Tournament in Malta this week.
After four exciting weeks of group stage action, 16 teams have qualified for the playoff stage, all aiming for the Grand Final and, ultimately, the ESL Pro League trophy.
As the 3rd place winner from Group A vs. the last-chance winner from Group D, the guys are gearing up to face the Turkish squad, Eternal Fire, which currently ranks 44th in ESL's world rankings.