Changes in Counter-Strike coaching staff
Over the past months. Astralis' Counter-Strike teams have delivered promising performances. During the period, Martin "trace" Heldt acted as the team's coach, and that solution is now made permanent.
Director of Sports, Kasper Hvidt:
- In January, Martin Heldt was brought in for Astralis Talent. He took over a team with a strong foundation and demonstrated the ability to create results from day one. Therefore, it was only natural for us to let him take over the Main team in the period leading up to the Major qualification, where we needed a stand-in. He has done that with great conviction.
We are starting to see some of the energy and confidence we in Astralis must always stand for - Kasper Hvidt
- Martin has stepped in with the authority and clarity needed on a team with big names and personalities, and under him we are starting to see some of the energy and confidence we in Astralis must always stand for. This can be felt both on the server and in the office, and we are getting closer to the top position we always aim for in Astralis. I'm really glad we have come to a permanent agreement with Martin, Hvidt states.
Matin "trace" Heldt, new coach for Astralis Counter-Strike:
- When I started in Astralis in January, it was exclusively focused on the talent team. Immediately I felt comfortable, and we quickly created results, so when I was asked if I would take over the main team for a period, it did not take me long to accept!
- I am probably quite clear in my communication and demanding of my surroundings, and I always strive to create and support a positive team culture. I have felt great support from the get go and the players have made that part of my work quite easy.
- When you work with such skilled players as at Astralis, it is about creating the best possible framework so that they can use all the resources to deliver on the server. I understand that the expectations to Astralis are are always high, and they should be. We are here to create great results, and together, players, organization and fans, we will do everything we can to meet our own and the fans’ expectations. We might not always win, but we will always do what we can to make it possible, "trace" promises.
I am probably quite clear in my communication and demanding of my surroundings, and I always strive to create and support a positive team culture - trace
The vacant role at Astralis Talent will be taken over by an old acquaintance of the Astralis organization, namely Andreas' 33-year-old "MODDII" Fridh, who already knows the organization from the inside.
Andreas "MODDII" Fridh:
- I have long wanted to use my Counter-Strike experience in the coaching role and come with a lot of ideas, but also a great deal of humility in relation to the work that has already been done. I know the organization and the people from my time on one of their teams and can only say I am very much looking forward to getting started.
- You can not find a better place and a more professional organization than Astralis, and I look forward to working with both Kasper, Martin and everyone around the teams, says "MODDII".
Alexander "ave" Holdt, who took over responsibility for Astralis' main team in the autumn of 2021, has in recent months taken on the job as talent coach. That position resigns "ave" as of today.
- Alexander has done a really good job for both our main team and the talents. He entered at a time when several new players had to find common ground and with his analytical skills, he has been a strong contributor to the team.
- We would have liked to keep him in the organization, but I also have full respect that he wants to seek new challenges when it could not be as a coach for the main team. On behalf of everyone here, I would like to thank Alexander for his time here and wish him all the best of luck in the future.
- It gives us room to bring in “MODDII”, who I have worked with before and look much forward to see with our talents, who are progressing by the week, Hvidt concludes.