The CS:GO main team had a notable run right from the group stage through the playoffs, ultimately securing a place in the Grand Final in Brazy Party 2023 by defeating four top teams, all of which are going to the upcoming Paris Major 2023. Unfortunately, the players couldn't take down Cloud9 in the final game of the $333,000 online tournament, losing bitterly in a three-map series with a score of 2-1, despite playing an excellent first map on Overpass.
The second place in Brazy Party 2023 secured a prize pool of $70,000.
The team is undoubtedly disappointed that they didn't go in all the way, but the Danish quintet can still leave with their heads held high.
Before the tournament, the main team made a switch on their roster, with the legendary Andreas "Xyp9x" Højsleth helping out the talented lineup and the 19-year-old talented rifler Alexander "Altekz" Givskov temporarily joining the main squad as a new addition.
With the debutante on board, the team made it to the final with memorable wins, beating GamgerLegion, ENCE, Apeks, and 9INE in the Semi-Final.
They even broke the Polish team's 16-map win streak on Vertigo before securing a spot in the Grand Final.
The 19-year-old debutante, Alexander "Altekz" Givskov:
- We played a good game overall. We started strong with a big win on the first map. However, the second and third maps showed our need for more training as a new roster. As a new player on the main team, I am still learning many aspects of the game tactics, which requires a lot of focus. Despite this, we still put up a good fight on Inferno. Unfortunately, we lost some crucial rounds that could have impacted the opponent's economy, ultimately leading to our defeat.
How do you feel about the overall performance of your team in the Brazy Party tournament?
- Although I always aim to win every tournament, regardless of its size, I believe we performed well in this one. While I am disappointed that we did not emerge victorious in the final, I am pleased with our overall performance upon reflection. Considering our limited time as a new roster to train together, we can be proud of what we accomplished.
How has it been to be a part of the main team?
- I feel grateful for every match I get with these guys, and I appreciate the support we received from everyone involved. It allowed us, as players, to focus solely on our in-game performance, which was essential for our success in the Brazy Party 2023. While I'm happy with our achievements, I recognize that there's always room for improvement, and I wish I had been more consistent in my overall performance. Playing alongside dev1ce, gla1ve, blameF, Buzz, and the rest of the team has been an unforgettable experience that I cherish.
- Next up: Our main team is gearing up for the upcoming and highly anticipated IEM Dallas 2023 challenge, which takes place from May 29th to June 4th.
- This LAN tournament has a prize pool of $250,000 and will involve 16 teams battling it out for the ultimate victory.